Let’s admit this right off. I stole this idea from a very talented bogger, whose writing I really enjoy. Her blog also has a beautiful design, so check out this post on the Zowiezoe blog. Zoe (how come it’s so much easier to find an umlaut on the phone than on my dang keyboard?) shared how she has never been a fan of New Year’s resolutions, but decided after the weirdness of 2020, she’ll make lots and lots of them. She is going to revolutionize resolutions and resolutionize her life! You see, if you make so many that it’s hard to keep track of them, you’re bound to succeed at one or two!
I Can Resolutionize, Too
I decided that it would be a fun Christmas Eve activity to make some resolutions, myself. This also conveniently procrastinates from more closet organizing. I won’t have quite as many as Zoe did, but I did like her category ideas. Here goes.
- Be free with praise to productive coworkers
- Contribute more to the LGBTQ+ group and make it the BEST
- Remind myself that I enjoy organizing and writing, and have fun
- Get a better desk location near a WINDOW
- Find new ways to support and encourage my direct reports
Hearts, Homes and Hands
- Write more frequent blog posts
- Figure out what I can do to help without getting in the way
- Support the team!
- Find more ways to help with MTOL; I’ve been a sucky Board member
- Keep the spirits up with the Master Naturalists as we can’t DO much right now
- Keep my mojo going on the Friends of LLL newsletter, even though hardly anyone gets it because we have so few members
- Crochet a cardigan
- Crochet an afghan
- Knit Lee’s table runner for his office
- Knit anything a family member requests (within reason)
- Try some new (dog-friendly) things
- Use my stash as much as possible
- Organize the craft room in each house (ha ha ha ha ha)
- Talk to kids more
- Find ways to talk to more friends (and see them, eventually)
- Be a better conversationalist, even when tired
- Conversely, stay out of conversations where my contribution would not be helpful
- Participate more in online groups (I tend to lurk)
- Blog every day, for my own fun, not statistics
- Comment on people’s blogs and encourage them
- Quit trying so hard to be nice to people who aren’t nice to me
- Get that annoying post-nasal drip looked at
- Go to a dermatologist
- Get new glasses/prescription
- Keep walking as much as or more than now
- CBD Oil. Lots of it.
- Don’t stop my therapy just because I only have one big issue
- Ride the damn horse or get another horse that has good feet and just enjoy Apache
- Get more chickens and keep them SAFE
- Help however I can to get a tack room and fencing for horses on our property
- Contribute to beautifying the outside
- Get rid of ugly stuff in the house, like dead plants
- Replace the nature tree with a new one
Geez, that should be enough. I hope I get some of this done. But, at the least, Lee will be happy that I now have GOALS and priorities and lists! He loves those, more than anything, I think.
Maybe I’m becoming a better person, right? Some of this will help, or, at least I’ll have fun trying!
So, are you ready for the resolution revolution? Let’s ALL resolutionize!