I’m not as good with these as I am some of the other wild things I see. But I do know a few, and I hope that my local friends and the iNaturalist folks will help me ID others.
I have to say we’ve really enjoyed the toads that hang out on the porch and the rat snake that hangs out on the side of the house (conveniently near the rats that burrow under our air conditioning units).
- Anole lizard
- Frog, green
- Horned toad (run over in the driveway, boo hoo)
- Lizards I will look up soon
- Rattlesnake, Western diamondback (verified on iNaturalist)
- Rat snake
- Red eared slider turtle (a lot)
- Snapping turtle (GIANT)
- Toad, no idea what kind, shown in photo
- Water snake